While I was in Japan the foundations I brought there was no use to me because it was sooo hot and humid it would just all melt off my face lol. So I went into the department stores in search of a new foundation. My friend told me RMK foundations are one of the best sellers in Japan so we headed to the RMK counter. The SA recommended us their liquid foundation because it is waterproof. I got colour matched with 102 and bought the makeup base as well. This foundation is seriously waterproof! we did a a whole day bike tour in tokyo in like 35 degree weather and it STILL looked the same at the end of the day!
The bottle is so cute its says: "Choose me, Take me, Open up"
The foundation is a light watery consistency that dries to a semi-matte finish
The base is a watery consistency similar to the Make Up Forever neutral base
Left is my bare skin
Right is about 2 layers of foundation on the cheek area
Blends right into my skin and covers redness and imperfections
Pros:
- Light weight
- Good selection of colors for fair skin
- Semi matte natural finish
- Good for combination skin
- Medium coverage but can be layered for heavier coverage
- One of the best foundations I've ever tried! so light feels like second skin on.
Cons:
- Expensive foundation is 4,515 yen roughly $55 CND or $53 USD and Makeup base is 3,675 yen 45 CND and $43 USD roughly
- Can accentuate dryness if skin is really dry
- Won't cover everything you will still need concealer
- Not readily available outside of Asia
- No pump for dispensing so gotta be careful when using or it could get messy
I got this iPhone case in Shinjuku sooo cute! I love Rilakkuma!
Sayonara!



18 comments:
would love to try this if i got a chance. it's similar price to NARS sheer glow but NARS isn't waterproof!
Sounds great and it gives you nice coverage!
The case is too kawaii^_^
http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/
the RMK foundation sounds awesome eva! im glad it works great on you :)
ah~ rilakkuma! thank you for the dose of kawaii! enjoy the rest of your weekend now :)
It's waterproof??? That's interesting lol Darn it seems like almost all good foundations now are in the almost $50 range... :( Glad it's working out so well for you!
That is one expensive foundation! Glad to hear that it works so well in hot and humid weather... which means that I should give it a try! *needs to make a detour to my nearest RMK counter soon!*
They look really great! the Rilakkuma case is so cute :)
I was trying the rmk liquid foundation and make up base for last few days and it quite lightweight and nice to wear.
Good choice ^^
Yay you posted your cute Rilakkuma case! I love it =D
I have heard great things about RMK, and your pics prove it. I should look into it when I'm back in Asia!
I ♥ Rillakuma too~~~!!!! he is so cute xD! recently bought Rillakuma bag too ♥
I ♥ Rillakuma too~~~!!!! he is so cute xD! recently bought Rillakuma bag too ♥
Oh the foundation sound fantastic! Surviving a whole day bike tour is pretty impressive!
Also absolutely love the iphone case you got hehehe - sooooo cute!
Wow the foundation looks so 'FIT" on your skin, thanks for the review and I love your iphone case, so cute!!!
Oh wow, that sounds like a pretty amazing product. Thanks for the review Eva!
Oh wow, that sounds like a pretty amazing product. Thanks for the review Eva!
Sounds great and it gives you nice coverage!
The case is too kawaii^_^
http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/
They look really great! the Rilakkuma case is so cute :)
I used to use these two too when I was in Hong Kong about 6 years ago. I loved them! I am sure they have improved over time so they must be EVEN better right now! It does not have very high coverage but lasts forever and has amazing finish. I really enjoyed it and I am glad to hear that you like it as well ^^
Yeah i really like this foundation! I'm trying to use it sparingly now cause I can't get it here haha!
Post a Comment