Monday, May 23, 2011

Updates and KDramas

Hey everyone! How is everyone doing? I've been quite sick lately :( been hacking and coughing sounding like a smoker haha ugh...so what is a girl to do? lay in bed and watch asian dramas of course! Spring and summer always brings a surge of great dramas. I'm more of a melodrama watcher so most of these are melodramas yup I love those tearjerkers haha!.  I do like romantic comedies...but I'm more picky with those cause I find them waaay too predictable...thus boring me...

Here is what I've been watching and what I recommend:
49 days 







This one just ended and if you haven't been watching this where have you been? This one is a melodrama so be ready to shed some tears.  I have to say this is probably one of the BEST dramas I've ever watched the amazing cast keeps you captivated and you can't help but fall for each character as the story unfolds. Highly recommend!!**
"A young woman named Ji Hyun was enjoying absolute bliss as she was about to be married with her fiancé, but her perfect life is shattered in a car accident that left her in a coma. She is given a second chance at life by a reaper, but it comes with a condition: she has to find three people outside of her family who would cry genuine tears for her. In order to do this, she borrows the body of Yi Kyung, a part-time employee at a convenience store."

Best Love/The Greatest Love
This drama is brought to by the awesome Hong sisters whose dramas include "You're Beautiful" and "My Girlfriend is a Gumiho".  If you're looking for a fun light hearted drama this is it! The 2 main leads are hilarious and Cha Seung Won is super sexy like always ;).  This one is bound to give you laughs I'm super addicted already! Highly Recommend!!**
"Ae Jung is a female band member who is already over the hill. When she enters a variety show to pretend marriage with the top star Jin, she gets entangled in a love triangle along with her ex-bandmate Kang Se Ri. Yoon Pil Joo is a doctor of oriental medicine who has no interest in the entertainment industry but meets Ae Jung by chance and falls for her."


Can You Hear My Heart?





This has got to be one of the best dramas of the season!! such a heartwarming series makes you laugh, cry and smile :) Highly Recommend!!
"The love story of Cha Dong Joo, man who's been rendered deaf after an accident but pretends he can hear, and Bong Woo Ri, a woman who's intelligent but pretends she's dim-witted to protect the dignity of her mentally handicapped father." 



Lie to Me
[Update] Not liking this anymore...probably will drop it...
This one is what I call a typical Kdrama rom com bubbly girl and cold rich guy enters a fake marriage contract and falls in love haha! I just love these 2 main leads so had to watch.  It's ok so far nothing ground breaking but fun to watch for sure even though you know what will happen in the end XD
"Gong Ah Jung gets entangled in a web of lies when she mistakenly lies that she’s married to Hyun Ki Joon, an elite CEO from an affluent family. Their relationship is further complicated when Ki Joon’s ex-fiancée and a close friend of his brother’s, Oh Yoon Joo, reappears in his life."

Romance Town
[update] Really liking this one!! 
This one was a wild card for me I really like Song Yuri so I wanted to give this one a try and I'm quite liking it so far.
The story of domestic help who work for rich households. No Soon Geum is one of these housekeepers; despite the master-maid heirarchy, she's bold, fearless, and unafraid of doing hard work in order to support herself. As a child, Soon Geum had dreamt of living a grand life in a Cinderella story, complete with her own white knight, but that dream had faded as reality took over. However, she reaches a turning point in her life when she is hired as a maid for the rich and handsome Kang Gun Woo.

Upcoming Dramas I'm looking forward to:

Miss Ripley
Yuchun!! <3 The plot looks interesting looking forward to this one
"Two very different men fall in love with Jang Mi Ri, a woman whose life is a complicated web of lies, propelled by her greedy desires that stem from an unfortunate childhood. Jang Myung Hoon is an ambitious hotelier who maintains perfect control of himself and his life, while Yutaka is the warm and gentle heir of a Korean-Japanese hotel conglomerate. Their love for Mi Ri and her tragic ambition eventually leads them down the path of destruction."

City Hunter
What a great looking cast!
‘City Hunter’ is an original script based on the world-famous novel by Japan’s Tsukasa Hojo. Since it became public that Korea would be the first remake of this story into a drama, ‘City Hunter’ has been receiving worldwide attention. ‘City Hunter’ has switched the setting from Tokyo 1980 to Seoul 2011, and according to the original story structure, the protagonist becomes a city hunter and his character develops while resolving gratifying cases.

I'm notorious for dropping dramas if I find them boring or if I lose interest haha! so we'll see if I finish all of these XD Definitely recommend 49 days and The Greatest Love.
What are you guys watching? Any of these catch your eye?

15 comments:

Eva said...

hahah i watched 49 days too~ but what did you think of the ending? ^.^ hahah i have mixed feelings about it.

oh oh oh you should watch Can you hear my heart? I really like it just because the pace is really quick and just right for me. 

Eva said...

Oh myyy so many dramas!! I haven't watched one in so long XD But they take so much bandwidth and I have a cap -.- Will bookmark this post hehe.

Eva said...

I miss 49 days ='( hahaha. 

Eva said...

me too!! :( I started on Can You Hear My Heart its pretty good!

Eva said...

I started on that drama it's really good!! thanks for the rec

Eva said...

I miss 49 days too, and secret garden :( lol.
But I'm definitely going to check some of these dramas out, esp The Greatest Love :)
Thanks for all the recommendations <3

Eva said...

Yes!! me too! The Greatest Love is really good :) great for washing away 49 days tears haha! can you hear my heart? is pretty good too I'm on the second episode

Eva said...

Omg so many good dramas to watch! I'm so behind on my kdramas T__T I don't even know where to start...

Eva said...

Depends...do you like rom coms or melodramas? haha! I looove melodramas they have to make me cry,laugh and smile no exceptions XD

Eva said...

Haha I think I prefer the romantic comedies a bit more...sad dramas always make
me tear up :P




________________________________

Eva said...

Try the greatest love it's probably the best rom com that's out right now really funny! I don't watch a lot of rom coms I find them too predictable...I LOVE those emotional dramas that make you cry haha! i don't know I'm weird XD

Eva said...

Haha that's true...romantic comedies always have such a predictable story line.
I'll definitely keep Greatest Love in mind! I still haven't gotten around to
watching Dream High yet...I'm wayyy behind everyone else ><

Eva said...

49 Days!! I was surprised how well the drama ended~ The ending was really good and Im glad they didnt cop out with a cheesy happy ending.  Best Love and Miss Ripely are the most interesting to me so far.  Havent started watching MR but Dramabeans recaps are so good -- and I heard that LDH is actually emoting this time around (i thought she was a snoozefest in Chuno) so..yeah! Plus I love femme fatale characters, especially if they are played well!  I'm not sure about City Hunter but everyone is so pretty that's for sure ^_^ Go Hara as a spoiled president's daughter totally fits the bill for me....I hope she's spunky like UEE was in You're Beautiful.

Eva said...

Greatest Love!!!! I'm excited about the episode finale! How do you find time to watch all of them, I wonder?! o_O
i also recommend Secret Garden ~

Eva said...

LOL because i was unemployed at the time now I don't have that much time to watch them yes i looove Sercret Garden

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails