Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lunasol Water Gel Foundation and Base

Happy Sunday everyone! I've been searching around for a new lighter foundation and ultimately took a gamble and decided on the Lunasol one.   I tried Lancome's Teint Miracle (no color match) and the much raved about Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua (way too much alcohol in this totally dries up my skin...). 

LUNASOL WATERY MAKEUP BASE
SPF27・PA++
A makeup base that leaves the skin bright and translucent with a succulent, light texture.
Smoothes over the entire skin and evens out visible pores and uneven surfaces, leaving the skin velvety smooth. Contains beauty essence ingredients.

 I really love this base! It evens out the skintone really subtly and contains spf! 
LUNASOL WATER GEL FOUNDATION Shade OC 2
SPF25・PA++ Includes a sponge
This is a water-based, gel-type foundation with approximately 65% water composition has a cool, refreshing sensation upon application.
A film of succulent gel evenly coats the skin’s surface with light spreadability and outstanding adherence unique to a gel. Delivers radiant, purifying skin, as if it were dressed with luster and water.
The texture is quite gel like and does feel cool to the touch.  This was really easy to spread and blend into the skin!


Pro's
  • Contains high SPF
  • Light to medium coverage
  • Imparts a nice glowy and dewy finish
  • Not oily
  • Great colour selection for fair skin
  • Doesn't sink into pores
Con's
  • Pricey
  • Not available out asia 
  • Anyone over NC 25 probably will have trouble finding a colour match
Repurchase? Yes

Here's a little preview to whats coming up in my next post...so excited!!

Anybody watching 49 days?!? I'm hooked SO GOOD! I'm pretty sure anyone that liked "Secret Garden" will like this ^^

22 comments:

Eva said...

woww~ i have been eyeing that Lunasol foundation. however, yeah it is a bit pricey for me, but i guess i'll just check it out at the counter during the summer. IM watching 49 days. Love itt~

Eva said...

Yay for your review! I haven't tried out my Lunasol Water Gel Foundation yet, so I can not tell anything about it so far. I actually wanted to get the Watery Makeup Base too, but skipped it, since I found a sunscreen I really love, since it does a good job as a makeup base.

But after reading your review, I might pick it up next time! ;)

Btw, have you compared the result of the Water Gel Foundation when used alone and with the Watery Makeup Base? Is there a difference?

Eva said...

Thanks for the great review! This foundation looks really lightweight. The gel formula sounds interesting too - I hate foundations that are heavy to blend. I wish this was more easily attainable in the US though...I hear a lot of good reviews on Lunasol face products and have always wanted to try them :)

Eva said...

when the weather gets more pleasant here i'll try that water gel base and foundation! its too hot to wear makeup right now >.<

Eva said...

The foundation sounds great esp if it's not oily and doesn't sink into pores. Thanks for the review :)

Eva said...

yeah check it out in asia if you're going it's probably a lot cheaper there than online lol! I loooove that drama! kang and scheduler are sooo cute!!

Eva said...

I have used it alone and it's ok if you don't have oily skin...I have large pores and oily so I like to put a base before foundation so make it last longer.

Eva said...

yeah i really love lunasol face products! I've been dabbling in a lot of asian base products the colour match is so much better!

Eva said...

haha! its really hot where you at already? it's JUST getting warmer here lol

Eva said...

no prob i so many base products to review so expect more to come haha!

Eva said...

I have been eyeing on this water gel foundation too. I am a NC-30 so I am not sure if OC-3 will match me... sigh and it's quite pricey too!

Mind I ask where did you purchase them from?

Eva said...

i love anything with the word "gel" in it! lol it just sounds so refreshing and hydrating :) i'm really curious to try out this foundation as well

Eva said...

That gel/foundation looks so much more refreshing than regular foundation!~ Perfect for the summer! ^^

Eva said...

I bought it from imomoko.com

Eva said...

oh thanks! wow $65!!! Em, let me see if my friend in Japan can pick this one up for me next time she is sending me something :)

Definitely will need this for summer!

Eva said...

Ok, where have I been? Didn't even know Lunasol came out with this! I like that this is in gel form. (I've tried the water cream foundation and it was too heavy for me)

*squeals* Can't wait to see your Shu goodie!!

Eva said...

shu post is up!! hehe yes the lunasol foundie is quite nice!!

Eva said...

me too!! somehow it just sounds lighter and not so heavy right? definitely give this one a try!

Eva said...

Yes it is!! not so heavy hehe thanks for dropping by my blog^^

Eva said...

yes its a really good summer foundation indeed! you are so lucky you have a friend in japan to cp you stuff :)

Eva said...

great review! it sound it works well. the makeup base looks great! Ryc - i bought the skirt in March ^^

Eva said...

omg does chanel vita. aqua got alcohol in it? seriously O_O? i was thinking of trying it W_W

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails